Purpose of Scheme
The purpose of the MD (Provisional) Alternative Entry Scheme is to encourage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students through the process of applying to study Medicine at The University of Queensland.
Eligibility for Provisional Entry
All applicants must have completed Year 12 in 2016. Whilst it is not mandatory, applicants are encouraged to sit and provide a UMAT score as part of the entry process.
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Completed Provisional Entry Alternative Pathways Provisional MD Application Form;
- Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status under the common seal of an incorporated community organisation;
- Personal resume (including the contact details of at least two referees);
- Academic transcripts/certificates from Year 11 and Year 12;
- Personal statement outlining the reasons for wishing to study medicine (statement to be no longer than 1 A4 page in length.
- Reference letters - evidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community engagement;
- Supporting evidence of any academic or community service awards or achievements relevant to your application
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the Alternative Entry Guidelines before submitting their application to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies Unit.
Full application (including additional information) must be received by the closing date in order to be considered in the advertised round.
Methods of Submission:
Mail or in Person: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Studies Unit, Level 2, UQ Bookshop Building (#4),
The University of Queensland
ST LUCIA QLD 4072